Hotel Group Careers
The Cook is responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. The Cook must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. Cook must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
Key Job Responsibiliites
- Ensure quality and presentation of all food prepared meet established standards and specifications.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; as part of a team, ensures cleanliness of the kitchen, fridges, freezers and storage areas.
- Preparation of menu items and ability to follow recipes.
- Practice and participate in all food safe guidelines set forth in kitchen area. Comfortable to work with frying pans and making sauces from scratch
- Must be creative and innovative in food presentations.
- Ability to work in a group environment in a full-service kitchen.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Professional diploma or food services management preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of cooking experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation required.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Effective communication skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
Hours of Work
- Shift Work is required
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment.
- Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org