Hotel Group Careers
Reporting to the General Manager, the Restaurant Manager will oversee the operations of the Urban Kitchen Table restaurant in Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray. Urban Kitchen Table serves regional cuisine crafted with fresh, local ingredients and a seasonal menu for guests to savor in a sophisticated yet relaxed atmosphere.
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative and creative individual to lead our restaurant team. This individual would be accountable for the daily operation and overall success of restaurant, bar and in-room dining operations, exhibiting a hands-on management style while performing tasks including the management of all food and beverage service related operations and the associate team. The position requires an individual who will work to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining responsibility for a departmental operating budget.
The Restaurant Manager will manage all aspects of the restaurant, bar, patio dining areas, and in-room dining operations while delivering a consistent, quality menu offering and service delivery as per the anticipated standards of the property. Responsibility for guidance and development of all department associates including direct reports, adherence to all local and federal sanitation and licensing guidelines, as well working with the required corporate directives and company procedures with regard to restaurant operations
- Purchase food, beverage and supplies from approved vendors and using approved company resources.
- Develop food & beverage menus, recipes and item pricing in association with the necessary stakeholders using the recognised company tools and templates.
- Ensure that food service areas are sanitized and cleaned in accordance with company standards and local and federal health code regulations.
- Hire, train and supervise all food and beverage service associates
- Stay current on restaurant and industry trends.
- Identify new service techniques and presentations.
- Assist service associates with service techniques and beverage recipe creation.
- Develop and implement a departmental training program.
- Contribute to the associate appraisal program.
- Complete departmental orientation for all front of house food and beverage associates, which will include the Yes I Can! Service standards of Radisson Hotel Group.
- Identify the developmental needs of others including coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills. This will also include disciplinary actions where necessary.
- Efficiently organize and execute mise en place, preparation and service in all food and beverage outlets.
- Manage all day-to-day restaurant operations, ensuring that quality and standards are met while meeting the expectations of the guests / customers on a daily basis.
- Manage all front of house food and beverage challenges and guest issues.
- Maximize the quality and value experience offered to our guests within the operational parameters set by the hotel.
- Ensure all the required tools, equipment, and support are available to associates in execution of their duties within the restaurant department.
- Achieve all financial goals including budgets, revenue and cost goals, and capital planning projects.
- Organizes workload achieving all goals set forth.
- Responsible for all food and beverage service both from menus and for special events within the restaurant outlet.
- Complete all daily and weekly company scheduling and forecasting documents and submit them in a timely fashion.
- Complete all company procedures as directed, this will include but not be limited to inventories, month end procedures etc.
- Develop menus, item pricing and recipe costings using preferred company templates.
- Support the promotion of food and beverage operations to our target market through the sourcing and participation in industry and community events, and in-house public relations.
- Continuously sustain improved quality and productivity through progressive action planning or eliminate any associates in the culinary department with performance ratings below standard.
- Perform all other duties required by the company.
- High school diploma / GED required (hospitality degree of certification preferred)
- 5 + years supervisory experience in a restaurant of a hotel/restaurant preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of current restaurant industry trends
- Must possess restaurant service delivery and creativity
- Strong knowledge of provincial, federal and local food and beverage sanitation and licensing regulations
- Proven success with employee relations’ skills and ability to implement and maintain standards
- Comfortable providing direction and supervision to culinary associates.
- With ProServe certification
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com